Law students have so much pressure on them these days. The job market is increasingly competitive and prospective employers expect a more polished presentation from candidates. Check out this video Lawyer Coach Paulette did for the Canadian Bar Association on how to improve your job search as a law student:
Lawyer Coach Paulette has designed the following accessible packages to bring out the best of you throughout the job search process!
1. Creative Choices™ - From the Study of Law to the Practice of Law
As a law student, there is so much to prepare for beyond exams: How do I find an articling position? Is the OCI process for me? How do I prepare for the OCI process? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette in this package will include:
- An assessment of your strengths to be able to develop your authentic brand
- Understanding your career goals and options, and what you are looking for
- Tapping into the hidden job market using technology and an easy step-by-step process contained in two booklets
- Weekly emails with articling or summer student job postings curated from around Ontario
- A review of your résumé and 1 cover letter with her certified résumé strategist skills so your message is communicated clearly and pops
- Preparation for interviews using her Interview Preparation Guide and Pre-Interview Interactive Worksheet
- 4 hours of coaching workshops (by telephone or in-person) over the course of 4 months and unlimited email access between each workshop.
$300 + HST per month (4 months)
2. Creative Choices™ - Résumé and Cover Letter Review
Want to stand out with your application materials? Lawyer Coach Paulette is a certified résumé strategist, and she will:
- Elicit what sets you apart by using a strengths assessment
- Review your résumé and one cover letter so that your message is clear and any potential barriers are dealt with appropriately
- Show you how she deconstructs a job ad to craft your career documents strategically and in a compelling way.
$600 + HST
3. Creative Choices™ - Interview Preparation
Did you get an interview at which you want to shine? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette, you will:
- Confirm your strengths with an assessment so you can articulate what sets you apart
- Practice answering and asking questions with her Interview Preparation Guide so you feel comfortable talking about yourself and are prepared to deal with any "elephants in the room"
- Be able to answer questions about "fit," and behavioural scenarios using Problem-Action-Results
- Work with a Pre-Interview Interactive Worksheet so you have a systematic way of researching each prospective employer
- 1.5 hour workshop (by telephone or in-person).
$275 + HST